Sunday 9 September 2012

Cupcake bouquets

When Mrs A asked me to bring cupcakes for a BBQ, I immediately knew I wanted to do something a little different from the bog standard cupcakes on a stand – so I decided to try a cupcake bouquet.

Four shops and a whole lot of googling later I had my foam halves, flowerpots to fit, and new set of piping tips. As I was in a hurry I didn't end up with the specific piping tips I wanted but they did the job relatively well anyway.

I had promised chocolate beetroot cupcakes but then also wanted some light coloured cakes to make a yellow and purple bouquet so I made mini lemon cake and lemon frosting. Here is the finished product:



Here are the chocolate beetroot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I added some stabiliser and it did hold up a bit better than usual to being piped. More experimenting required on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment