Saturday 22 September 2012

Madeira and mangoes

I haven't made a packet mix cake for ... as long as I can remember. I think it has something to do with a friend's mother once saying to me she could always tell when something came out of a packet / jar / ready made; after that I tried my hardest to fool her but it never worked. Those were the days when I never had the urge to cook and I don't think she ever believed I could make spaghetti or cake (or anything else for that matter) from scratch.

Anyway, last week Mr N had sent me a picture of a cake that he had made and it looked so delightful that I wanted to eat it too - mangoes and white chocolate is not a typical combination that springs to my mind when I think of madeira cake! I'll try it out next time I want to eat cake and am feeling *particularly* lazy.

Here are the instructions to make Mrs A's enhanced instant madeira cake. Enjoy!

  1. Mix tinned mangoes into the Madeira cake mix along with the other ingredients the instructions on the packet calls for.

  2. Add white chocolate into the icing (melt it and mix it in, grate it in, grate on top etc.)

  3. Add the tinned mangoes on top.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment