Saturday 15 September 2012

Orange sorbet

We got ourselves an ice cream maker awhile ago. Unfortunately as the size of the freezer is so limited, we ended up having to get one with a built in compressor so that it freezes as it goes. It also means that we don't have space for loads and loads of ice cream so its not really too practical to make more than one lot before finishing the last lot...

Here's a picture of the ice cream maker, with Tiger and the vodka to provide context on size. I use this vodka in pretty much every citrus flavoured frozen experiment. Its an interesting flavour - white grape, dragonfuit and papaya - that I'm liking with citrus-y stuff. Miss L brought it back from her Malaysian trip back in April and so far I think I've been the only one to use / drink it!



On a hot sunny day (and probably one of the last days of summer) this weekend, Mr T decided he was tired of lemon sorbet so he made orange sorbet.  This was made with freshly squeezed orange juice but for reason to me still tasted a bit like sorbet with orange flavour rather than orange sorbet.

Miss L thought it tasted great, but I think I prefer orange juice myself... orange flavoured items remind me too much of the orange flavoured cod liver oil that my mother used to feed me!  I think I'm just scarred!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment