Wednesday 13 February 2013

Snow in London

I'm so so over the cold here and the grey skies. I used to think that the whole London overcast grey and rain was completely overrated, until I actually lived here. Unless its April it actually doesn't rain all that much, but it seems to be constantly cloudy, to the point where sunscreen is no longer a staple in my make up bag (bad, bad, bad habit to break, but I figure there's not much point when I'm outdoors for 1min between home and the train station, 10min at lunch to go get lunch, and its dark by the time I leave the office). Let me repeat, cloud and grey = depression and I totally understand why people leave here after a few years and say they can't take another winter.

While we're still in winter though with temperatures hanging around the 0 mark, a few weeks ago it snowed on the weekend so Mr T and I went for a wander and remembered to bring a camera. Needless to say, the tube wasn't working that day. Here's some snow outside our building:

DSC_2604 outsidebuilding

This is the square near our house.

DSC_2622

I think we counted 3 snowmen in the square already, so Mr T decide to make a snowbear instead just to be different. I think his features give him a lot of character, eh? A bit cartoonish even. I'm hopeful that he lasted at least 2 days (I didn't go back to check for fear of being too sad if he wasn't there anymore).

DSC_2655

It ended up taking us 2hrs to go to the supermarket after the snow detour, but it was a bit of weekend fun.

And because this blog has a lot about food in it, we made spring rolls for lunch and finished it off with Teh Tarik and double choc tim tams for dessert (no, I didn't need dinner but I ate more spring rolls anyway). More on the actual making another day!

spring rolls tea&timtams

Till next time, bring on Spring!!!

Name

No comments:

Post a Comment